Back to Colour for Health
The Colour for Health page helps us identify which colour would be helpful for us to use - when wearing, eating/drinking, surrounding ourselves with, or visualising colour.
This page uses visualisation: Colour Breathing
Using the Colour for Health page, choose the colour relating what you feel you need.
- Make yourself comfortable whether sitting or lying.
- Close your eyes, and bring your attention to your breathing.
- Anytime that other thoughts, images, sounds or sensations come to mind, just notice them, and then gently bring your attention back to your breathing, and your colour.
- Perhaps imagine that you have a balloon in your belly, and notice how the balloon inflates as you breathe in, and deflates as you breathe out. Notice the sensations in your abdomen as your belly rises as the balloon inflates on the in-breath, and falls as the balloon deflates on the out-breath.
- Now visualise your colour, perhaps in the form of light, or mist. If it’s difficult to visualise that colour, just imagine, in your mind’s eye, something that is that colour – for instance green grass, or blue sea or sky, orange sunset, pink dawn. See it in front of you, over you, surrounding you, enveloping you.
- As you slowly breathe, become aware of breathing in your colour, into your nose, your throat, your chest and abdomen. Imagine now that colour spreading out within you, into every part of your body, and notice the effects that it has.
- Notice the sensations in your body, as this coloured light or mist, flows into and spreads throughout your body and mind.
- Notice how the colour is affecting your body, and your mind, as you allow it to gently flow and infuse your body and mind.
- Continue to notice the colour and the sensations that it brings.
- Anytime that your attention wanders, simply notice that it’s wandered, then gently bring your focus back to your colour.
- Whenever you’re ready, start to bring your attention back to the here and now, where you are. Open your eyes and look around, noticing what you see and what you hear.
- Take a couple of breaths and notice the pleasing sensations that accompany this relaxing coloured breathing.
Learn effective skills online: The Decider Skills for Self Help online course.
Colour Breathing PDF
HEALING COLOURED LIGHT visualisation mp3Female voice, with music. 13 mins 40
Using colour imagery to target particular psychological or physical problems such as anxiety, stress, insomnia, depression, chronic pain, infections and tumours.
HEALING COLOURED LIGHT visualisation mp3
Male voice, with music.
Using colour imagery to target particular physical or psychological problems such as chronic pain, infections and tumours, anxiety, stress, insomnia and depression.